Not a call I had taken myself, unfortunately, but the following are the call notes that were made afterwards
***** called to report a possible 'virus' on her PC. Her machine operates as normal, but Outlook, Word, etc close randomly. ***** informed me that if she wants to close an email/Word document she must go through File>Close; she can't press the red X at the top right as the whole program closes.
Tuesday, 13 April 2010
Whilst I mainly deal with phone calls we do get some gems of emails. One that was received today contained an attachment that had screenshots of three error messages that somebody had received on her PC. Having looked at the Word file attachment it turned out that, to get all three error messages on the one page, the customer had:
- Taken screenshots of the error messages
- Printed them out individually
- Cut them out with a pair of scissors
- Taped them to a blank sheet of A4 paper
- Scanned them to her PC as an image in a Word document.
at 10:14 am